By - chhedaspecialities
Bombay Club Sandwiches
● 6 bread slices
● 3 teaspoon butter, some more to toast
● sandwich masala, to sprinkle, as required [homemade or store-bought]
● 1 small onion, cut into thin circles
● 1 potato, boiled and cut into rounds
● 1 tomato, cut into circles
● ½ big green pepper, cut into rounds
● 3-4 tablespoons coriander mint chutney
2 cheese slices
1. Gather all your ingredients - bread slices, coriander-mint chutney, cheese slices, butter, sandwich masala and rounds of onion, tomato, green bell pepper and boiled potato.
2. Take 3 bread slices and apply butter generously all over.
3. Now apply mint-coriander chutney on the 3 bread slices.
4. Put 2 rounds of onion and 2 rounds of green pepper [capsicum] on top of 1 bread.
5. Sprinkle a generous amount of sandwich masala on top of it.
6. Cover this layer with the 2nd bread, with the chutney side facing up.
7. Place 2 slices of tomato and 2-3 potato rounds on top of the 2nd bread.
8. Sprinkle generous amount of sandwich masala on top of the potato slices.
9. Place a cheese slice on top of it now. I used Amul cheese because we are used to the flavor from India. You can use any slice of your choice.
10. Place the 3rd bread on top of this now with the chutney side facing down.
11. Your sandwich is now ready to be grilled. Press lightly to seal the sandwich nicely.
12. Make 2 sandwiches using 6 bread slices.
13. Heat your grill pan on medium heat. Apply butter generously on top of both sandwiches and once the pan is hot, place the sandwiches on the pan with the buttered side facing down.
14. As the sandwich grills from one side, now apply butter on the side facing up.
15. Once the 1st side is nice and brown and you see grill lines, flip the sandwich to grill the other side. Press down the sandwiches once in while with a spatula.
16. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.